Have You Ever Actually Listened To Lil Wayne?

[poll id=”5″]

This entry was posted in BEST OF 2008. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. gachevsky
    Posted December 26, 2008 at 6:51 pm | Permalink

And I never will!

2. Dan H.
    Posted December 30, 2008 at 9:55 pm | Permalink

Is he related to Lil Bow Wow?

3. Derek B.
    Posted January 3, 2009 at 12:21 am | Permalink

I’d rather gouge out my eyes and shove bowling pins in my eye sockets!

4. george k
    Posted January 6, 2009 at 1:33 pm | Permalink

There’s a really good mix of a Mary J. Blige song (“Just Fine”) that features Lil Wayne. He sounds like a guy from The Pharsyde and a little like Lyrics Born. Why such hostility? You can listen and you’re still allowed to like your obscure heroes of indie rock.

5. Posted January 14, 2009 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

What an odd topic. We have a few posts by people that have never heard him, but feel the need to slag him (for the sin of ‘lack of indie cred’), and nothing commenting on WHY he’s worthy of such an unsolicited flaming. I actually have heard his ‘hit’ album; half of it being crap, and the other half is funny, flowing and entertaining. Batting .500 certainly puts him in the league of the music Magnet reviews at the very least. Maybe he can sample Pavement or GBV on his next release and become a darling of your mag.

6. Eric
    Posted January 19, 2009 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

I’m not normally a big fan of rap or hip-hop, but I like the new Lil Wayne CD. As another commenter noted, about half the CD is excellent, the other half a mixed bag. But, the half that is good makes it worth listening to. I borrowed the CD from my 19 year old daughter and she actually thought exactly the same thing.

7. SSA
    Posted January 25, 2009 at 9:28 pm | Permalink

Although I’m not too big on hip-hop of today, I do have to admit that after listening to ‘Tha Carter’, I was impressed in how fresh and original it all sounded. I know it’s kinda odd for us indie-rock followers to be listening to such music but I personally like good music no matter in what shape, form or sound it comes in. 😀

8. Mike
    Posted March 1, 2009 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

Does he have a penis tattooed between his eyes? That’s what it looks like to me.

9. Posted May 13, 2009 at 4:21 pm | Permalink

I’m from L.A., and I actually think they play a Lil’ Wayne song everytime Manny Ramirez comes to bat, at his request, so I guess I’ve heard him in :20 second bursts. That’s one good thing about Manny being suspended: no Lil’ Wayne for the next 50 games.